Table of Contents
One Graphics card that was released in 2017, for a significantly lowered cost was the AMD Radeon RX 580. The Radeon RX 580 is one of the best graphics cards that money can buy for 1080p gaming and designed to be the mainstream or entry-level graphics cards. So, if you already own the RX 580 and you are looking for the best monitor to pair with it, you’ve come to the right place. However, there are things you might want to consider before buying one.
We highly recommend you to stick with 1080p gaming if you want to achieve a decent frame rate. 1080p resolution provides the best performance in gaming since it doesn’t require much power in order to achieve a decent frame rate, which is beneficial especially if you are a competitive gamer.
So, let’s take a look at the best monitors to pair with the AMD Radeon RX 580 graphics card.
Read Also: Best Monitor For GTX 1070
Recommended Monitors For Radeon RX 580 Graphics Card
|Sceptre IPS 24” Gaming Monitor 165Hz 144Hz Full HD (1920 x...||4,338 Reviews||$118.42||Buy now|
|BenQ GW2480 Computer Monitor 24" FHD 1920x1080p | IPS | Eye-Care...||17,394 Reviews||$129.99||Buy now|
|Sceptre 30-inch Curved Gaming Monitor 21:9 2560x1080 Ultra Wide/...||$224.97||Buy now|
|Acer CB272 bmiprx 27" Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Zero Frame...||2,946 Reviews||$137.65||Buy now|
Sceptre IPS Gaming Monitor
Best Value Monitor For RX 580
|Display Technology||LED, IPS|
|Connectivity Technology||DisplayPort, HDMI|
|Hardware Interface||DisplayPort, HDMI|
|Screen Size||24 Inches|
The Sceptre IPS Gaming Monitor could be the best monitor on this list. This monitor is a perfect pair for the RX 580 since it has all capacities needed to ensure you’ll get the most out of it.
It features a 1920 x 1080p resolution – the ideal resolution for the RX 580 graphics card, along with a refresh rate of 165Hz, which will give you plenty of space when your graphics card started to show off. This refresh rate is higher than the current gaming standard of 144Hz, which is supplied by most gaming-designed monitors.
When it comes to the size, this monitor features a 24-inch screen size, although some users might find it a bit smaller, there is always an option for a larger monitor since this Sceptre monitor has a 27-inch version. However, if you are a competitive gamer, you might want to still go with the 24-inch size since it is the recommended one for 1080p gaming and will give you a much clearer visual experience.
This monitor also comes with an IPS panel, which provides more colors and better viewing angles for a much more pleasurable gaming experience. One more good thing about this monitor is that even though it is an IPS panel it still does come with a 1ms response time, perfect for competitive gamers who play fast-paced games like the first-person shooters.
The FreeSync technology featured by this monitor can be easily configured in AMD Radeon Setting, this will help you get rid of screen tearing issues for much better visual gaming performance.
Overall, the Sceptre IPS Gaming Monitor is the best value monitor that we recommend for you to partner with your AMD RX 580 Graphics card.
- up to 165Hz Refresh Rate: Pushing beyond the standard 144Hz, 165Hz gives gamers an edge in visibility as...
- IPS Panel: The IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel cannot be beat when it comes to consistently delivering top...
- AMD FreeSync: With FreeSync, gamers now enjoy smooth video and seamless on the spot movement through their...
- Edgeless Design: Edgeless Design completely immerses you in all the captivating action and wondrous scenery...
BenQ IPS Monitor
Best Budget Monitor For RX 580
|Connectivity Technology||Vga, Hdmi 1.4|
|Hardware Interface||VGA, D-Sub, DisplayPort, HDMI|
|Screen Size||23.8 Inches|
If you are on a tight budget and looking for a good monitor to pair with the RX 580, the BenQ IPS Monitor might be the best choice for you. This monitor does feature a 1920 x 1080p resolution, a screen size of 24” inches, and an IPS panel, which will give you a decent-to-better visual gaming experience.
Compared to the first monitor that has a refresh rate of 165Hz, the BenQ IPS Monitor only has a 60Hz refresh rate and doesn’t come with FreeSync technology, which is a little disadvantage especially if you play FPS games. However, for non-competitive gamers, this specification might be good enough. And also, for gamers who play graphically demanding games, you shouldn’t get any problems having a 60Hz monitor.
We highly recommend this monitor if you are on a tight budget but still want to achieve a great visual gaming experience.
- Work Productively and Comfortably: 24 Inch IPS 1080P FHD Computer Monitor featuring an edge-to-edge display...
- Proprietary Eye-Care Tech: Our exclusive Eye-Care technology reduces eye fatigue for optimal comfort,...
- Adaptive Brightness for Image Quality: Our Brightness Intelligence (B.I.) technology optimizes display...
- Ultra-Slim Bezel: Ultra-slim bezel allows for an extended view while the space saving base and elegant design...
Sceptre 30-inch Curved Gaming Monitor
Best Ultra-Wide Monitor For RX 580
|Connectivity Technology||Hdmi, Hdmi 2|
|Hardware Interface||DisplayPort, HDMI|
|Screen Size||30 Inches|
For users who want to achieve an immersive gaming experience and increase their productivity, you can go wrong with the Sceptre 30-inch Curved Monitor. It’s another high-end monitor but a monitor that users should be able to experience up to 100 Hz when they are using the RX 580. This monitor would still need to have its refresh rate limited as this monitor has a maximum 200 Hz refresh rate which is far above the frame rate that the RX 580 would be able to power. However, there are still so many FPS games, which are not graphically demanding, so you will still be able to take advantage of this higher refresh rate.
Although this monitor comes with a VA panel, many users will still find it pretty decent. This monitor features a FreeSync that allows you to take advantage of AMD’s adaptive sync technology, which results in a much more pleasurable and tear-free gaming experience.
The construction of the Sceptre 30-Inch Curved Gaming Monitor is nice and all features are great, which is really hard to beat for its price. Overall, this is the best Ultra-Wide monitor that you can buy to pair with your RX 580 Graphics card.
- 30" Curved Gaming Monitor 2560 x 1080 Full HD Resolution. Response Time- 5ms GTG.Aspect Ratio: 21:9. Viewing...
- DP Up to 200Hz Refresh Rate / HDMI 2. 0 Up to 120Hz Refresh Rate: More than double the standard refresh rate,...
- AMD Free Sync With Free Sync, gamers now enjoy smooth video and seamless on the spot movement through their...
- FPS-RTS FPS and RTS are Scepter's custom set display settings built for an enhanced gaming experience. FPS...
Acer CB272 bmiprx
Best Gaming/Workstation Monitor For RX 580
|Connectivity Technology||VGA, DisplayPort, HDMI|
|Hardware Interface||VGA, HDMI|
|Screen Size||27 Inches|
All the monitors listed above are designed with gaming or gamers in mind. However, if you are looking for a monitor that is great for both gaming and workstation, we highly recommend the Acer CB272 bmiprx.
This monitor features a 27-inch screen size, which is larger than the first two monitors on this list, and an IPS panel for much better colors and viewing angles. The upgrade in size will make it perfect not just for gaming but for the workstation too, as the screen will provide more space for multitasking.
Compared to the Sceptre IPS Gaming Monitor, this monitor’s refresh rate is just 75Hz. Although the 75 Hz refresh rate is quite enough even when gaming, it is still a bit choppier when compared to a 144Hz or 200Hz monitor but significantly smoother when compared to the other 60Hz.
You can still experience great gaming with this as it packs features perfect for both gaming and workstation. It features FreeSync compatibility that will allow you to take advantage of AMD’s FreeSync technology, which is very beneficial for lower refresh rate monitors like the Acer CB272 bmiprx.
The design and ergonomics of this monitor replace those gamer-focused features with an incredibly adjustable stand, the included stand features not only Tilt and Pivot support but also offers support for height adjustment making this monitor perfect for an office that may see a lot of people using the computer, these people may have a different preferred height for their monitors.
Overall, the Acer CB272 bmiprx is the best workstation/gaming monitor that we recommend to pair with the RX 580 graphics card.
- 27 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display with AMD Radeon free Sync technology.Specific uses for...
- Response time: 1ms VRB
- Refresh rate: 75 hertz - Using display port or HDMI port. Brightness: 250 nit
- Zero frame design ; Ergo stand: Ergonomically-designed stand ; VESA mounting compliant (100 millimeters x 100...
When choosing the best monitor to pair with the AMD Radeon RX 580 graphics card, there are several factors to consider. Here’s a buying guide to help you make an informed decision:
- Resolution: The RX 580 is optimized for 1080p gaming, so it’s recommended to choose a monitor with a 1920 x 1080 resolution. This resolution provides a balance between visual quality and performance.
- Refresh Rate: A higher refresh rate allows for smoother gameplay, especially in fast-paced games. While most monitors offer a standard 60Hz refresh rate, opting for a higher refresh rate, such as 144Hz or 165Hz, can provide a more responsive and immersive gaming experience.
- Panel Type: The panel type affects color accuracy, viewing angles, and response time. IPS panels offer better color reproduction and wider viewing angles, making them ideal for visually immersive experiences. However, if you prioritize faster response times for competitive gaming, TN panels can provide a better option.
- Adaptive Sync: Consider monitors that support AMD FreeSync technology. FreeSync syncs the monitor’s refresh rate with the GPU’s frame rate, reducing screen tearing and stuttering, resulting in smoother gameplay.
- Size and Ergonomics: Choose a monitor size that suits your preference and gaming setup. While larger monitors provide a more immersive experience, smaller sizes may be preferable for competitive gaming due to reduced eye movement. Additionally, consider the monitor’s ergonomics, such as tilt, pivot, and height adjustment, to ensure comfortable viewing.
In conclusion, the AMD Radeon RX 580 is a capable graphics card for 1080p gaming, and pairing it with the right monitor can enhance your gaming experience. Based on our recommendations, the Sceptre IPS Gaming Monitor stands out as the best value monitor for the RX 580. It offers a 1920 x 1080 resolution, a high 165Hz refresh rate, an IPS panel for better colors and viewing angles, and a 1ms response time for competitive gaming.
If you’re on a tight budget, the BenQ IPS Monitor provides a decent visual gaming experience with its 60Hz refresh rate and IPS panel. It’s a cost-effective option for non-competitive gamers.
For users seeking an immersive gaming experience, the Sceptre 30-inch Curved Gaming Monitor offers a wide 30-inch curved display and a high refresh rate, allowing you to take advantage of the RX 580’s capabilities in non-demanding games.
If you need a monitor that caters to both gaming and workstation needs, the Acer CB272 bmiprx is an excellent choice. Its larger 27-inch screen size, IPS panel, and adjustable stand make it suitable for multitasking and productivity.
Consider your specific requirements, such as gaming preferences, budget, and workspace, when making your final decision. With the right monitor, you can unlock the full potential of your AMD Radeon RX 580 graphics card for an immersive and enjoyable gaming experience.